Palang Pracharath Official Denies Election Commission Violation Claims
Palang Pracharath MP Suksomruay Wanthaniyakul denied election commission violations, claiming the opposition presented old video footage from a campaign event two years ago that was already investigated and cleared by authorities.
At 10 a.m. on July 27, 2025, Suksomruay Wanthaniyakul, ministerial aide to the Prime Minister and Amnat Charoen MP from Palang Pracharath, responded to opposition claims by Democrat Party list MP Priś Watcharasindhu, who had called on nine Palang Pracharath politicians to clarify allegations. Suksomruay emphasized that the video the opposition presented on July 26 during a parliamentary evidence session on election commission violations was footage from a white cloth campaign event held in Amnat Charoen two years prior, unrelated to the election commission. She noted the event was livestreamed throughout and the opposition had already filed a complaint with the Election Commission, which found no wrongdoing and never summoned her. She accused the opposition of misusing old information to harm people, noting that Supansa Wanthaniyakul—her sister-in-law—was a women's group candidate who failed to advance past the provincial stage, a fact widely known in the province.
When asked if she had previously been summoned for clarification, Suksomruay stated she received a letter naming her among 100 alleged violators from a subcommittee but without specifying which issues to address. She responded that she had not violated the stated charges, and a separate investigation was concluded within the provincial Election Commission two years ago. Regarding the timing of the allegations, she remarked that Priś was delayed in raising the matter and was rehashing information already proven and settled. She said she would not comment further, trusting the court rulings and Election Commission findings. When asked if the election commission case threatened Palang Pracharath's stability, she replied it did not, as the party had weathered many attacks.
Suksomruay suggested the legal team review the original broadcast, stating they possess both the court judgment and Election Commission conclusions from two years ago, and that raising the issue was designed to incite hatred and criticism. When asked about Yingluck Achananont, the head of iLaw, announcing readiness to face the other side if they would clarify the election commission case, Suksomruay said there was no issue with the other side reporting any information to the Election Commission and the Special Cases Investigation Department.