PM Vows to Pursue Local Exam Cheating Scandal to the Top
Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul vowed to pursue the local civil service exam cheating scandal to the highest level, with multiple agencies investigating whether more masterminds were involved beyond three already arrested. He emphasized
Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on July 21, 2569 at Government House that he is monitoring the ongoing investigation into fraud in the local civil service examination. He stated that the central civil service committee has already established procedures that cannot be interfered with, and he will decide whether to chair the July 23 committee meeting after reviewing official documents. He delegated the oversight to Deputy Interior Minister Worasit Leangpraseuth.
When asked about the central examination committee's authority to dismiss affected local officials without waiting for the central civil service committee's approval, Anutin said different officials have different interpretations and he has consulted with Deputy PM Pakorn Nilepracheech, the secretary-general of the Council of State, as each committee must exhaust all procedures first. He noted that those dissatisfied with any decision can appeal through proper channels.
Regarding whether there are more masterminds involved than the three arrested so far, Anutin said the Central Investigation Police Bureau is investigating with additional reports filed by the civil service examination committee, local government department, the state, and the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) which is coordinating with police. He assured the public that multiple agencies are working at full capacity to bring wrongdoers to justice.
When asked how to explain to society why people are blaming politicians and political parties, Anutin clarified that this is a government matter, not a party matter. He stated that the government has ordered all agencies to have zero tolerance for corruption and cannot allow new civil servants to be hired through fraudulent examinations. He emphasized that the government will pursue whoever is responsible to the fullest extent of the law, and that the NACC, police, and other investigative units will handle the case thoroughly.