Lanta & News
No. 01 · ENDLESS
National

PM Anutin Plans Interior Ministry Overhaul in August After Exam Cheating Scandal

Prime Minister Anutin plans a major Interior Ministry reorganization in August following an exam cheating scandal that has damaged public confidence, with officials facing criminal and disciplinary action for their roles in the scheme.

PM Anutin Plans Interior Ministry Overhaul in August After Exam Cheating Scandal
30 Jul Khaosod

At a press briefing on July 30, 2025 at Government House, Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and Interior Minister discussed plans to reorganize the Interior Ministry in August, avoiding the term "reset" but confirming sweeping personnel changes. Anutin described the exam cheating scandal as deeply troubling and said it has eroded public trust, requiring urgent action. He explained that officials will be held accountable through criminal, civil, and disciplinary proceedings, and noted that within just two weeks authorities were able to uncover the cheating scheme and identify those involved.

When asked about the scale of transfers planned for August, Anutin deflected the question, stating that moves would be made based on job suitability and changing circumstances, not arbitrary classifications. He rejected suggestions that transfers would favor one political faction over another, asserting: "There is no such thing. This government is red, white, and blue only—no other colors." Anutin stressed that personnel decisions would reflect management principles of supporting competent officials while swiftly addressing and preventing misconduct.

No. 01 of Read at source → Next
National

Deputy Interior Minister Denies Quid Pro Quo in Senate Selection Row

Deputy Interior Minister Vorasit Liangprasoet denied allegations of a quid pro quo arrangement involving his father's Senate selection, calling the claims unjust and suggesting they were created to distract attention.

Deputy Interior Minister Denies Quid Pro Quo in Senate Selection Row
30 Jul Khaosod

At 7:10 a.m. on July 30, 2569, Deputy Interior Minister Vorasit Liangprasoet gave an interview at Government House regarding allegations in the Senate selection case. The allegations claimed that if his father, Somkiat Liangprasoet (Sokierat), successfully secured a Senate seat through a particular formula, his son would receive a government position. Vorasit responded rhetorically by asking, "Is it really that easy?" He said his father would file a complaint because such allegations were unjust to both of them.

When asked whether this constituted political discrediting, Vorasit said he did not know the reason but that it appeared to be a deliberate issue created to distract attention, or perhaps something else entirely. Regarding opposition claims that only 5 percent of evidence has been disclosed and questioning whether the remaining 95 percent exists or is merely speculation, Vorasit suggested they ask the opposition directly. He added that this matter had been ongoing for over a year and all processes were already complete. If real evidence existed, he said, it should be submitted to authorities who are already investigating, not to him or the media.

When asked if the Senate case constitutes political rhetoric, Vorasit said such tactics have been ongoing. He confirmed he had discussed the matter with his father but said there was nothing unusual about their conversation. Regarding opposition demands for more information, Vorasit stated that there was nothing to disclose since the alleged situation never occurred in the first place.

No. 02 of Read at source → Next
Police

Tourist Injured, Motorcyclist Killed in Phuket Accidents

PHUKET: A Moroccan tourist was injured after being struck by a pickup truck in Patong early this morning (July 30), while a Thai motorcyclist was killed after losing control on a curve in Kamala in a separate accident reported by police.

Tourist Injured, Motorcyclist Killed in Phuket Accidents
30 Jul The Phuket News

PHUKET: A Moroccan tourist was injured after being struck by a pickup truck in Patong early this morning (July 30), while a Thai motorcyclist was killed after losing control on a curve in Kamala in a separate accident reported by police.

No. 03 of Read at source → Next
National

Anatin Says Red-Green Mix Makes Blue Coalition

PM Anutin dismissed speculation of a red-green political alliance with a quip about color mixing, after Kla Kaew Party leader Thammanas faced questions about his Monaco trip coinciding with Thaksin's presence there.

Anatin Says Red-Green Mix Makes Blue Coalition
30 Jul Khaosod

At 8:10 a.m. on July 30, 2026, Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul addressed reporters at Government House regarding Kla Kaew Party leader General Thammanas Prombpao's trip to Monaco, which coincided with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's presence there. When asked whether this signaled a red-green political alliance, Anutin replied with a quip: "Red and green mixed together just makes blue." The remarks came after Thammanas himself clarified his Monaco trip, denying it was a secret meeting and stating it was unrelated to any manifesto with Thaksin.

No. 04 of Read at source → Next
National

Rayong Governor Orders Crackdown After Mass Fish Kill in Canal

Rayong's governor ordered an environmental crackdown after discovering a wooden pallet factory illegally dumping toxic wastewater into a canal near Ban Khao District, causing a mass fish kill. The factory must cease operations and remove th

Rayong Governor Orders Crackdown After Mass Fish Kill in Canal
30 Jul Khaosod

Governor Traiphop Wongtraratana has ordered a strict environmental crackdown following reports of massive fish kills in Khlong Nong Nam Khao, near Nong Lalok Market in Ban Khao District, after discovering a private wood-processing factory secretly dumping wastewater into the canal. The governor directed the Rayong Center of Good Governance, Ban Khao District Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, and local volunteers to investigate and trace the source of the contamination urgently.

During the field inspection, officials found dead fish and collected water quality samples from four locations. While the initial readings from the canal itself met standard criteria for aquatic life, testing of wastewater directly from WUTCorporation Limited—a wooden pallet manufacturer—revealed severely contaminated black water. The factory's discharge had a dangerously low dissolved oxygen level of 0.76 mg/l, an abnormally high pH of 8.75, a TDS of 1,943 mg/l, and conductivity of 2,970 us/cm, all of which likely caused the fish deaths and water degradation in the canal.

The governor implemented four corrective measures: the factory must immediately close all wastewater discharge pipes and pump out accumulated black water for treatment within three days; local authorities will issue a compliance notice and order; the Rayong Industrial Office will inspect the facility's drainage systems and operations for legal compliance on July 31; and local officials will warn residents not to consume or sell the dead fish.

No. 05 of Read at source → Next
National

LINE BK Reaches 8.8M Users Amid Liquidity Management Demand

LINE BK, a fintech platform jointly owned by Kasikornbank, surpassed 8.8 million users in early 2025 as Thai consumers increasingly turn to credit for managing cash flow amid economic uncertainty and rising costs.

LINE BK Reaches 8.8M Users Amid Liquidity Management Demand
30 Jul Khaosod

LINE BK, jointly owned by Kasikornbank and Line Corporation, says economic uncertainty and rising living costs are driving Thai consumers to use credit as a liquidity management tool rather than merely a funding source. The platform reported 8.8 million users in the first half of 2025, up 12% year-on-year, with 930,000 credit customers growing 15% and outstanding loans exceeding 29,000 million baht.

Thana Potikamjorn, Chief Executive Officer of Kasikorn Line Company Limited, stated that today's consumers seek convenient, easy-to-use financial services that help manage cash flow during periods of income volatility or unexpected expenses, rather than maximum loan amounts. LINE BK emphasizes responsible lending principles, promoting appropriate credit use and sustainable debt management to help Thai consumers weather economic uncertainty.

To expand access to formal credit, LINE BK launched a new brand campaign under the concept "Quick Cash, Better With LINE BK," emphasizing convenience and ease of application. The company is also developing a new credit assessment model called KLINE Score, which combines advanced technology and alternative data analytics to improve credit evaluation accuracy and help individuals with good repayment capacity but limited traditional credit history access formal credit more easily.

No. 06 of Read at source → Next
National

Officials Deny Cover-Up in Local Civil Service Exam Fraud Case

Thailand's Deputy Interior Minister denied cover-up allegations in a civil service exam fraud case involving nearly 5,960 officials, saying data compilation is complete and the committee will finalize implementation procedures next week.

Officials Deny Cover-Up in Local Civil Service Exam Fraud Case
30 Jul Khaosod

Deputy Interior Minister Worasit Liangprasertsil stated on July 30, 2026, that data compilation for the local civil service exam fraud case is complete and the CCEELGO will hold its next meeting next week to finalize implementation procedures. He confirmed that all information is finalized and the figures are complete. When asked about the discrepancy between the NACC's figure of 5,960 implicated officials and the DLA's figure of 5,925, Worasit said his understanding is 5,925, and the higher NACC count likely includes cases outside the committee's scope, though he expressed confidence that all allegations can be proven with factual evidence. He explained that the revocation of civil servants' positions must follow proper procedure: approval by the CCEELGO, then the central civil service committee, then provincial committees, before local government organizations can take action. Worasit rejected concerns about delays or cover-ups, stating that every process has its own timeline and no steps can be skipped. He noted that while progress may not be immediately visible, investigations by the NACC and police continue daily. Regarding five DLA officials facing serious disciplinary action, he said the process is underway and warrants have already been issued. On whether they will be blacklisted by the civil service commission, he said the director-general must verify that all procedures comply with contractual terms and legal requirements regarding payment and fund recovery. When pressed whether next week's meeting will provide clarity on both certification and revocation of officials, Worasit said yes, and firmly denied any suggestion of a cover-up, stating that everything has been finalized—only formal announcement remains pending completion of procedural requirements.

No. 07 of Read at source → Next
Police

Woman Stopped From Jumping Off Phuket Bridge

A woman was prevented from jumping off Phuket's Thao Thepkasattri Bridge on Wednesday, the second suicide attempt at the location in two days.

Woman Stopped From Jumping Off Phuket Bridge
30 Jul The Phuket News

PHUKET: A woman driving a black Mercedes-Benz was prevented from jumping from the Thao Thepkasattri Bridge yesterday evening Wednesday (July 29), while rescue teams were still searching for another woman who had jumped from the same bridge less than 48 hours earlier.

No. 08 of Read at source → Next
National

Thailand Debates Mobile Device Harm to Children's Mental Health

Thailand is re-examining the link between excessive mobile device use and declining mental health in children, amid growing evidence that screen time fuels academic struggles, social isolation, and behavioral problems tied to online influen

Thailand Debates Mobile Device Harm to Children's Mental Health
30 Jul The Phuket News

BANGKOK: Concerns over childrens mental health is renewing debate whether excessive use of mobile devices is harming academic performance and learning capability, while boosting social isolation and criminal behaviour influenced by online personalities.

No. 09 of Read at source → Next
National

Thai Deputy PM Awaits Georgia Death Probe Results for YouTuber Hulun

Thai Deputy PM Seehasak said authorities are awaiting results from Georgian investigators into the death of popular travel YouTuber Hulun Solo, whose body was found in a Tbilisi hotel after two weeks of lost contact.

Thai Deputy PM Awaits Georgia Death Probe Results for YouTuber Hulun
30 Jul Khaosod

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Seehasak Phuangetkekao held a press conference at Government House on July 30 regarding the death of Borvorthat Pangsuk, known as Hulun Solo, a famous travel YouTuber. Seehasak expressed sympathy for the deceased's family, calling the incident unexpected given that Hulun had traveled to numerous countries. The Foreign Ministry and the Thai Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, which oversees the Georgia region, have dispatched officials to Tbilisi to investigate the cause of death.

Seehasak emphasized that the investigation must await official conclusions from Georgian authorities and reports from Thai embassy officials. Regarding the repatriation of the body, he stated that once the investigation is complete, procedures will be conducted based on the family's wishes and their input will be heard.

When asked about the delayed discovery—Hulun had been out of contact for over two weeks—Seehasak explained that Hulun was in Georgia filming content, and once contact was lost, both Georgian authorities and the embassy quickly took action and found the body in a hotel.

Seehasak declined to speculate on whether the death was caused by foul play or self-harm, stating that conclusions must await the official investigation results. He also noted that while Georgian media reported a possible suicide, no definitive conclusions can be drawn. Regarding travel safety alerts, Seehasak stated that the Foreign Ministry regularly issues warnings about unsafe areas and encouraged travelers to contact the ministry for current situation updates before traveling to potentially concerning regions.

No. 10 of Read at source → Next
National

Ex-PM Aide Donates Book Sales Proceeds to Blind Foundation

Pichet Chunbarn, a former deputy prime minister's office aide, donated all proceeds from his book "Lost Justice" to Thailand's Thammakit Foundation for the Blind, aiming to improve quality of life for disabled children and youth.

Ex-PM Aide Donates Book Sales Proceeds to Blind Foundation
30 Jul Khaosod

On July 30, 2025, Pichet Chunbarn, former deputy prime minister's office aide, announced via Facebook that he has donated all proceeds from the initial sales of his book "Lost Justice" to the Thammakit Foundation for the Blind in Thailand under Royal Patronage. He made the contribution on the occasion of Asalha Bucha, the major Buddhist holy day marking the simultaneous birth of the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha, as well as the beginning of Buddhist Lent. Through this donation, he hopes to contribute to improving the quality of life for children and youth with multiple disabilities. He invited others to share in the merit of this charitable act.

No. 11 of Read at source → Next
Loading more…
Endless reading Scroll to read. When you reach the bottom, keep scrolling. A bar fills, and the next story slides in when it's full. ↑ ↓ or Space Or use the arrows at the bottom of the screen.