Pheu Thai Confirms New Nonthaburi Governor Candidate, Identity Withheld
Pheu Thai has selected a new candidate for Nonthaburi governor, withholding the nominee's identity until formal acceptance, hoping the fresh choice will strengthen the party's position in the province.
At 10:00 a.m. on August 14, 2569 at Parliament, Nattapong Rueangpanya, a Pheu Thai party-list MP and party leader, clarified the party's selection of a candidate for Nonthaburi Provincial Administrator. He said initial party discussions led to nominating a new face rather than the previous candidate, but the nominee's name will be withheld pending their formal acceptance. Once confirmed, the party believes this candidate will be the strongest option available.
Nattapong explained that the previous candidate was not re-nominated due to personal constraints regarding readiness in the last election. However, he said the party has identified better options since then and is now presenting what it considers the optimal choice.
When asked whether the Luang Phuang group's potential lack of readiness could disadvantage Pheu Thai, Nattapong responded that election outcomes ultimately depend on the public. While rival factions uniting or dividing is one factor, the most important element is that Pheu Thai presents the strongest candidate. He added that winning the Nonthaburi Provincial Administrator race would make it the largest local government organization under Pheu Thai's management, and appealed to Nonthaburi voters to extend the same trust they showed Pheu Thai MPs to the party's gubernatorial candidate.
According to reports, in the most recent Provincial Administrator election on February 1, 2568, Police Major General Thongchai Yenpraserit, the outgoing administrator, won 219,173 votes, defeating Pheu Thai's Loet Mongkol Warawenuchaya, who came second with 155,035 votes.