Land Dispute Sparked Shooting Spree That Killed Two, Brother Says
A property dispute over a contested family land access route sparked a shooting rampage in Nonthaburi Province on July 28, killing two relatives and injuring four others, the shooter's brother revealed. The 59-year-old gunman apparently bel
A 59-year-old man identified as Theeramat shot and killed his 71-year-old uncle Songa and 74-year-old aunt Suda at a residential property in Tambon Lahar, Bang Bua Thong District, Nonthaburi Province, before firing on relatives who rushed to help, injuring four more people in the process. On July 28, 2025, Direk, the 70-year-old older brother of the shooter, stated that the cause almost certainly stemmed from a property dispute. Direk revealed he had previously served as the estate manager for the disputed land and had designated a contested area as a common access route for family members, attempting to manage the arrangement fairly despite later being sued by the deceased relatives' side and eventually removed from the case.
Direk explained that after the lawsuit concluded through the legal system, the matter should have been resolved, but he does not understand what triggered his brother's actions, as the two did not communicate regularly. He noted that the land had been shared among family members for many years before the dispute arose and claimed not to know whether his brother had posted a sign on the contested area deliberately. Direk also stated he was unaware his brother owned a firearm and said his younger brother, though well-educated, appeared to believe Direk sided against him when in fact he had no involvement in the matter.