Anutin Dares iLaw to Release More Data on Senate Seat-Buying
Prime Minister Anutin challenged activist Yingluck Achananont to release more data on a Senate seat-buying scheme, while government officials announced plans to sue her over disclosures of those involved in the scandal.
At 10 a.m. on July 27, 2025, at Government House, Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul presided over a cabinet meeting. Two cabinet members reported their absence: Deputy Education Minister Akranun Kannikittinan and Deputy Interior Minister Jaejsathit Thaisathit.
Before the meeting, reporters asked whether Anutin would exercise his right to sue Yingluck Achananont, director of the Internet for the People (iLaw) project, over her disclosure of names of those involved in the Senate seat-buying scheme. Anutin replied that pursuing legal action is everyone's right.
When asked whether iLaw would release more data, Anutin smiled and said, "Go ahead."
Government Spokesman Paradon Prissananantakul, a Democrat Party deputy from Ang Thong, confirmed that he would proceed with the lawsuit against Yingluck, saying he would announce the filing details later.
When asked about Yingluck's recent participation in an opposition coalition seminar marking the second anniversary of the Senate election and discussing Senate seat-buying evidence, Paradon dismissed it as an old matter.
When pressed on whether the lawsuit would be filed this week, Paradon said they would discuss it further.
Responding to Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva's statement that he does not want a silencing lawsuit, Paradon stated: "This is not a silencing suit. It's about party damage—not just personal damage but damage to the entire party, which is why we must proceed."
When asked if legal action would be taken against other individuals, Paradon said no decisions had been made yet.