Lanta & News
No. 01 · ENDLESS
Police

Man Found Beheaded in Rural Hut, Mutilated Body Covered in Powder

A 35-year-old man was found beheaded and mutilated in a rural hut in Udon Thani province, with his head and genitals missing and body covered in powder, suggesting the killing occurred elsewhere before the body was moved.

Man Found Beheaded in Rural Hut, Mutilated Body Covered in Powder
17 Jul Khaosod

A shocking murder has left a rural community in Udon Thani reeling after villagers discovered a 35-year-old man dead in a hut with his head and genitals missing and his body covered in white powder. At 9 p.m. on July 17, police from Ban Dung Station in Udon Thani received a report of a body found in a hut in an alley near Ban Fang village, Phon Sung subdistrict, Ban Dung district. Officers and rescue workers rushed to the scene and found the body of Somsakdi, or "Tong" (surname withheld), age 35, lying inside the hut. His head and genitals had been severed and removed, and his entire body was covered in powder. A large knife was placed on his chest. Rescue workers searched for the head, suspecting it had been thrown into a nearby pond, but found nothing, leading authorities to believe the killer took both the head and genitals.

Before discovering the body, villagers had brought Tong boxed rice out of pity, as he lived alone. When they entered the hut, they were shocked to find him dead and mutilated. According to Wichian, Tong's aunt, he had previously worked in Bangkok but returned to the hut after his mother's death. He had once been employed and owned three cars, but after becoming addicted to drugs, he worked at a salt factory before returning to the hut unemployed and dependent on relatives for money.

Initial investigation revealed no blood at the scene, suggesting the victim was killed elsewhere and the body was brought to the hut. Police discovered that Tong had been stabbed and shot on July 13, just days before his death, and had only recently been discharged from the hospital. He told people he had bought a lottery ticket with the winning number 14—which matched exactly. Officers had attempted to ask Tong who attacked him, but he refused to identify his assailants until his death.

Villagers are fearful, suspecting the killer may possess supernatural knowledge, having beheaded the victim, severed his genitals, cut tendons, and covered his body in powder to supposedly bind his spirit and prevent it from following him or allowing police to catch him.

No. 01 of Read at source → Next
Police

Doctor's Refusal to Test Heart Patient Ends in Death

A man in his early 30s died of a heart attack after a doctor refused to perform an EKG despite severe chest pain and sweating, dismissing symptoms as anxiety; autopsy confirmed blocked coronary arteries.

Doctor's Refusal to Test Heart Patient Ends in Death
17 Jul Khaosod

A woman tearfully demands justice after her husband's sudden death, claiming a doctor dismissed his severe chest pain and refused to perform an EKG test. The autopsy revealed he died from a genuine heart condition—blocked coronary arteries—not panic as the doctor suggested. She says an EKG that day would have saved his life.

On July 17, 2026, the woman posted a video on TikTok describing how her husband experienced sharp pain radiating from his fingers to his chest and heart, along with heavy sweating that colleagues had noticed for a week. At a private hospital using social security coverage, the internal medicine doctor refused to examine him, claiming he needed to wait for blood and cholesterol results first. He was then redirected to an orthopedic doctor due to a history of tendon pain from childcare duties, but the husband insisted this pain was different—it radiated to his chest. The orthopedic doctor suspected heart disease and referred him to a general practitioner, knowing the husband had high cholesterol.

However, the general practitioner dismissed the wife's detailed account of symptoms and refused her repeated pleas for an EKG, insisting the sweating was caused by hot weather or anxiety, and suggesting the patient was afraid of injections or panicking. The doctor claimed the wife had read too much on Google or from AI and was overthinking, accusing her of having anxiety disorder. He insisted that a man in his early 30s has only a 3–5% risk of heart disease and dismissed the patient because he was smiling. The doctor refused any intervention and sent the husband home, telling him to sleep separately from his wife until her anxiety cleared.

Back home, the husband went into shock and died. The autopsy confirmed death from two blocked coronary arteries—genuine heart disease, not panic. The wife laments that an EKG or heart X-ray as requested would have prevented his death and questions why the doctor made no effort to help.

No. 02 of Read at source → Next
National

Pond Defends Charity Fund With Financial Records

Pond Chakrakrisna released financial records to defend his charity foundation against misuse allegations, claiming all expenses are documented with receipts and insisting he welcomes official investigation.

Pond Defends Charity Fund With Financial Records
17 Jul Khaosod

Following controversy over allegations that he misused donated funds from his own foundation, Pond Chakrakrisna appeared on a live broadcast program to address various claims. He has since posted extensive financial documentation detailing all expenses, stating "what I missed during today's broadcast was that I didn't answer questions backed by this set of documents—I have everything." Pond explained that after the broadcast ended, he had all the information but wasn't sure the discussion would revisit old issues, so he didn't bring the records with him. He insisted that every expense, figure, and transaction has a corresponding bill and receipt, and what has been shown is only a portion of the full records. He emphasized that all statements align with receipts and are tracked under a single centralized bank account. Pond expressed willingness to cooperate with any official investigation and welcomed scrutiny from all agencies.

No. 03 of Read at source → Next
Police

Police Raid Railway-Side Gambling Den, Arrest 11

Police arrested 11 people in an illegal hi-lo gambling den near Bangkok's railway tracks after using a train to bypass lookouts who had repeatedly warned operators of previous raids.

Police Raid Railway-Side Gambling Den, Arrest 11
17 Jul Khaosod

Phaya Thai Police investigators changed tactics by deploying a train approach rather than vehicles and motorcycles to surprise an illegal hi-lo gambling operation in a community setting near the railway on Rama VI Soi 19, Phetchburi subdistrict, Ratchathewi district, Bangkok. The operation resulted in 11 arrests—nine men and two women—caught actively gambling in violation of law. Officers confiscated hi-lo equipment including dice, bamboo baskets used to cover the dice, approximately 30 gambling chips, and 140 baht in cash.

The location sits in a railway-adjacent area within the community and has been a persistent source of public complaints due to regular illegal gambling operations. Despite multiple police raids and arrests over the past year—more than 10 occasions—operators continued returning because informants stationed at the soi entrance warned them of approaching officers. The gambling setup occupies public space, with operators using canvas and black plastic sheeting to construct temporary structures for play, disrupting community use of the area.

Previous enforcement efforts often netted only one or two people, typically elderly gamblers too slow to flee, while others escaped due to early warnings from lookouts. In what police described as a cat-and-mouse game, both sides continuously adapted their tactics. To counter the tip-off network, investigators changed strategy from using vehicles to riding the train directly to the site, reducing visibility to spotters at the soi entrance before encircling and arresting suspects. Most suspects were local residents playing for stakes of only 10–20 baht per round, not a large-scale operation. Arrestees ranged in age from 40 to over 60 years old; some have been released on bail while others remain in custody at Phaya Thai Police Station facing charges of unlawful hi-lo gambling in conspiracy with fugitives.

No. 04 of Read at source → Next
Police

Woman Found Dead in River Identified Through DNA Test

A woman found dead in Kanchanaburi's Khwae Yai River has been identified through DNA testing, with her former supervisor calling for justice as authorities await autopsy results.

Woman Found Dead in River Identified Through DNA Test
17 Jul Khaosod

The body of a young woman recovered from the Khwae Yai River in Kanchanaburi has been identified through DNA testing, with her former supervisor calling for justice. The unidentified body was discovered on July 17 floating in the river near Koh Rat Kan in Pak Phraek Subdistrict, Mueang District, Kanchanaburi Province. This morning, the victim's sister arrived from Thong Pha Phum District to view and confirm the body as her older sister. Forensic staff from the Pitakkan Kanchanaburi Foundation transported the body to the Police Hospital Institute for detailed autopsy examination. Medical examiners conducted DNA testing on the sister to confirm identity, which confirmed the two are indeed siblings. The sister then returned home while the body remains at the Police Hospital Institute awaiting detailed autopsy results, expected within approximately five days. Meanwhile, a Facebook page belonging to a former supervisor posted: "RIP. Kanchaa, my former teammate. I was shocked to see the news and never thought it would be someone I knew. Please let there be justice for Kanchaa," accompanied by a black-and-white photograph of the deceased.

No. 05 of Read at source → Next
Breaking

School Denies Two Students in Viral Obscene Gesture Video

A Bangpakok Witthayakhom school has denied two teenagers in a viral dashcam video making obscene gestures are students, using facial recognition software to verify identities against its database.

School Denies Two Students in Viral Obscene Gesture Video
17 Jul Khaosod

Bangpakok Witthayakhom school has denied that two teenagers captured on dashcam footage making obscene gestures on Ratsadamnoen Burana Road are their students. The incident began when a motorcyclist cut in front of a car, prompting the driver to chase the bike after being insulted. The driver eventually caught up with the teenagers, who claimed they mistook the driver for a friend.

After the video spread online, social media users speculated the two were from Bangpakok Witthayakhom school. The school responded with an official statement saying it used facial recognition AI software to cross-reference the individuals against its student database and asked all teachers to verify their identities. The school found no matching records and no teachers could confirm either person as a student, therefore rejecting the allegations due to insufficient evidence.

No. 06 of Read at source → Next
National

Navy Issues Severe Security Alert for Strait of Hormuz

Thailand's Navy issued a severe maritime security warning for the Strait of Hormuz on July 17, urging Thai commercial vessels to avoid the high-risk zone amid escalating Middle East tensions.

Navy Issues Severe Security Alert for Strait of Hormuz
17 Jul Khaosod

Thailand's Navy has issued a "severe" maritime security warning for the Strait of Hormuz, urging Thai commercial vessels to avoid the high-risk area. On July 17, Navy spokesman Pol. Rear Adm. Pareach Rattanachaiyphan stated that amid ongoing Middle East tensions and a U.S. maritime security alert covering the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, and Gulf of Oman, the Thai Navy is closely monitoring the situation. The Navy has sent notices to Thai ship owners' associations to inform operators and commercial vessels of the risk assessment, particularly for the Strait of Hormuz, which remains at "severe" threat level. The Navy recommends avoiding transit through risky areas unless absolutely necessary, staying updated on international maritime authority announcements, and strictly following prescribed safety measures. Additionally, the Navy has established protocols for Thai vessels to report information, coordinate with authorities, and notify them of any unusual events when passing through the risk zone, enabling timely assistance during emergencies and enhancing confidence and safety for Thai commercial shipping and crews.

No. 07 of Read at source → Next
Police

Man Struck and Killed by Ten-Wheel Truck at Gas Station

A 66-year-old man was struck and killed by a ten-wheel truck at a gas station in Samut Songkhram province on July 17, his motorcycle overturned nearby. Police are reviewing CCTV footage to determine the cause of the fatal accident.

Man Struck and Killed by Ten-Wheel Truck at Gas Station
17 Jul Khaosod

A tragic incident occurred in Samut Songkhram when a 66-year-old man was struck and killed by a ten-wheel truck near a gas station, leaving his wife devastated after their final phone call.

At 8:10 p.m. on July 17, 2569 (2026), police from Muang Samut Songkhram Station responded to a report of a man killed by a ten-wheel truck at a gas pump along Rama Road at kilometer 55-250 on the Bangkok-bound parallel lane in Bang Kaew sub-district, Muang district, Samut Songkhram province. Rescue teams from the Sawarng Benjadhamma Foundation arrived at the scene to find a gruesome sight: a 66-year-old man with his body severed at the torso by the truck's wheels. His overturned motorcycle, registered in Samut Songkhram, lay nearby. A Hino ten-wheel truck bearing a Saraburi license plate was parked at the gas station, with blood traces found on its left rear wheel.

The victim's wife arrived at the scene in deep grief and told officers that she and her husband were salt merchants living in Muang Samut Songkhram. In the afternoon, he had ridden his motorcycle to visit a friend at a house in Dao Dong. Around 8 p.m., she called him to say he was riding home and would arrive soon. She called again but could not reach him. A friend then called to inform her that her husband had been hit by a truck. Police have transported the body to a hospital and are expediting an investigation using CCTV footage to determine the actual cause and proceed with legal action.

No. 08 of Read at source → Next
National

Thai Swimmer Breaks 32-Year National Record in Medley

Sky Kingphoem Sharppert broke Thailand's 32-year national record in the 200-meter individual medley at the Asian Age Group Swimming Championships, finishing with a silver medal time of 2:03.68.

Thai Swimmer Breaks 32-Year National Record in Medley
17 Jul Khaosod

Sky Kingphoem Sharppert, son of former swimmer Metinee Kingphoem, has broken Thailand's 32-year-old national record in the men's 200-meter individual medley at the 2026 Asian Age Group Swimming Championships on July 17. Competing for Thailand's national team in the 16–18 age group, Sky finished second and won silver with a time of 2:03.68. His effort broke the national record that had stood for 32 years, previously set by Ratphong "Shark Nook" Sirisanintt, who clocked 2:04.16 when he won gold in the same event at the 1994 Asian Games in Hiroshima, Japan.

No. 09 of Read at source → Next
National

GMMTV Ends Contract With Young Actor Justin Moyer

GMMTV has terminated its contract with 15-year-old actor Justin Moyer after old social media reposts containing inappropriate content, gender discrimination, and violence glorification surfaced online.

GMMTV Ends Contract With Young Actor Justin Moyer
17 Jul Khaosod

GMMTV has terminated its contract with young actor Justin Moyer effective immediately following the discovery of old reposts containing inappropriate content, gender discrimination, and glorification of violence. Fifteen-year-old actor Justin Angus Moyer from GMMTV faced heavy criticism from internet users after they unearthed old reposts with problematic content featuring gender discrimination and promotion of violence, with calls for the company to provide an explanation.

On July 17, 2026, GMMTV released a statement saying that following the wave of criticism regarding "Justin Angus Moyer," the company has taken note of fan and public opinion and attaches great importance to the matter. GMMTV sincerely apologizes for the disappointment and impact caused.

The company emphasized it does not support any behavior or content that promotes violence, gender discrimination, discrimination, or the spread of hateful content in any form, which is a core principle of the company's operations. After careful consideration, GMMTV has decided to terminate its artist contract with "Justin Angus Moyer" effective immediately.

No. 10 of Read at source → Next
National

Purple Line Tunnel Seepage Declining, No New Building Damage

Water seepage into Bangkok's Purple Line tunnel extension has declined significantly with no new structural damage reported, authorities said, as engineers prepare to reopen part of the road after five days of monitoring.

Purple Line Tunnel Seepage Declining, No New Building Damage
17 Jul Khaosod

Transport Deputy Minister Siripong Angsakulkiattiwat provided an update on efforts to address water seepage into the tunnel of the Purple Line extension project along the Tao Poon–Ratchburana section (Rama IX Ring Road), Contract 4 between the Buddha and Daw Kha Nong bridges near the main traffic circle. He reported that water infiltration into the tunnel has declined significantly in recent monitoring, while structural settling and cracks in surrounding areas have remained stable over the past five days, indicating overall conditions are improving. The Transport Ministry, State Railway of Thailand, and the contractor have held continuous meetings with tunnel engineering and underground construction experts to assess the situation, analyze causes, and develop comprehensive solutions while prioritizing safety standards for traffic resumption. Engineering experts confirmed that partial traffic reopening is feasible without affecting repairs and to provide public convenience, following five days of close monitoring with no additional settling and no signs of additional risk. However, officials ordered relevant agencies to continue close monitoring for two more days to ensure maximum safety before returning the partial traffic area to the public.

No. 11 of Read at source → Next
Loading more…
Endless reading Scroll to read. When you reach the bottom, keep scrolling. A bar fills, and the next story slides in when it's full. ↑ ↓ or Space Or use the arrows at the bottom of the screen.